Open the Start menu and type cmd to open the Command Prompt. Type ipconfig into the Command Prompt and press Enter. The tool will return a set of data that includes your IP address.
How do I find my public IP address Windows?
Find your public and local IP address
- Open a command prompt by typing “cmd” in the Start Menu, and press enter.
- Type “ipconfig” into the command prompt window, and press enter.
- Find your active IPV4 IP address (it should be something like 198.168. …
- Type “exit” to close the command prompt window, or just click on the X.
Can I reveal my public IP address?
The IP address routes internet traffic to your computer. To clarify, it does not reveal your location. If someone was able to get your IP address they could learn a bit about your internet service, such as which provider you use to connect to the internet, but they really can’t locate you, your home, or your office.
How do I trace an IP address?
How to Trace an IP Address Using the Command Prompt
- Open the Command Prompt. First, press the Windows key and the “R” button. …
- Ping the Website You Want to Trace. Type “ping” followed by the URL of the website to get its IP.
- Run the “Tracert” Command on the IP. …
- Put These IPs Into an IP Lookup Tool.